Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to register my business for VAT?

If your turnover for the previous rolling 12 month period is over £68,000 (April 2009) or if you think your tunrover may soon go over this limit, then you must register - You can register voluntarily below this turnover limit, which means that you may be able to reclaim VAT on items or services bought for your business. However registration will mean that your service charges to customers will increase by 15%, which might make your prices uncompetitive compared with other similar small businesses.

If you need a more detailed response or would like to know more about how we can support your business, please contact us by using our Contact Us form, or alternatively you can email us at or call us on 0844 2640390